Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Let Us be grateful




Happy Tuesday everyone!!
I am sharing this project over at the Unity blog today but I am going to share a little more details on how I mad this project.
I made this for a very special lady that I am so very grateful for and what better way to show that than to make a handmade gift!!
 I am not sure about you but when I want to make a big project like this I want to find products or a collection that goes together and what that means is I find a company that is going to provide me with all the things I need to create this canvas so that being said I picked this collection from Prima Marketing called free spirit gorgeous paper and embellishments.
Next I just laid out all the papers and embellishments out on my canvas just to give me an idea of placement as I wanted the quote to be my focal point, for the quote I diecut the frame from a light weight cardboard and pattern paper just because I wanted the frame to be sturdy. The quote is from the Make Our Souls Blossom kit very pretty!!
Next process is to just start to adhering my paper to the canvas I used some Gesso to do that and I only applied some white gesso around the edges of my project to wash out the paper a little. I than just added a little texture to a couple of the corners by using some molding paste a stencil I diecut from my silhouette.
I than adhere the quote and frame and than  started adding my embellishments around it very simple!! Than I used a gellato to do some little paint splattering on my canvas and that was it!!
I hope this helped a little bit in explaining how I put this together.

Have a fabulous day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Stephanie, the patchwork look background on your card is AMAZING! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Stephanie! I have to try this one day :)

    ReplyDelete